|
发表于 6-8-2004 15:26:55|来自:广东广州
|
显示全部楼层
What are your rates of laundry service?汤姆:洗衣服务怎么收费?
There's a rate chart in your folder in the dresser drawer, sir.服务员(甲):在您的梳妆台抽屉里有价格表,先生。I see…Well, would you please send someone to Room 528 to pick up some laundry for me?汤姆:我知道了。请派人来528房间好吗?我有衣服要洗。
Yes, sir. I'll send someone immediately.服务员(甲):好的,先生。我立即派人去。 ……
I'd like to have these clothes washed.汤姆:我想把这些衣服洗一下。
Could you please fill out the laundry form?服务员(乙):请填一下这张洗衣表好吗?
OK. By the way, I'd like my silk shirt to be handwashed. Please use cold water, then it doesn't shrink.汤姆:好的。我希望我的丝绸衬衣用手洗。请用冷水。那样它就不会缩水了。
By hand in cold water. I see.服务员(乙):手洗,用冷水。我明白。
I need them to be washed right away. Can you have them finished by tomorrow morning?汤姆:我需要快点洗出来。明天早晨怎么样?
Sorry, it won't be possible. It's already 10 o'clock. I'm afraid it's too late for today's laundry. Tomorrow afternoon is the soonest.服务员(乙):对不起,这不可能。现在已经10点了。恐怕赶不上今天的洗衣时间了。最快也得明天下午。
Oh, no! I have a date at 11:00 tomorrow.汤姆:我的天!我明天11点有个约会。
We have a special three-hour service. We will deliver it within 3 hours, but it is 35% extra charge.服务员(乙):我们有一个3小时特殊服务。3个小时内我们能将洗好的衣服给您送去,不过要加收35%的费用。
I guess that will have to do.汤姆:好象也没有什么其他好办法了。
Good afternoon.招待员: 下午好。
I'm Tom, Zhang. We made a reservation for tea this afternoon.汤姆:我是汤姆.张,我们已预定好今天下午用茶点。
Yes, sir. This way, please. Here's your table. Is this all right?招待员:是的先生。请这儿走。这就是你们的桌子,您感觉还可以吗?
Yes, it's nice, indeed. Thank you.汤姆:好极了!谢谢你。
I'm so glad you like it. What would you like? We serve coffee and tea, sandwiches, cakes and cold drinks. Please look under the plate-glass at the menu for afternoon tea.招待员:您满意我很高兴。您想要点什么?我们供应咖啡、茶、三明治、蛋糕和冷饮。请看玻璃下面的茶点单。
I'll try a chicken salad sandwich and have a cup of coffee with cream.我想尝尝鸡肉色拉三明治,并要一杯奶咖啡。
Anything else?招待员:还要什么吗?
What's your specialty today?汤姆:你们今天有什么特色食品?
We have strawberries with cream today. I suggest you try them.招待员:我们今天供应鲜奶油草莓,我建议你们可以试一试。
Good, I will.汤姆:好的,我想尝一尝。
Hello, can I help you?女店员:您好,我能帮忙吗?
Well, I'm looking for some winter clothes for my wife.汤姆:我要买一些冬天的衣服作为礼物送给我妻子。
Oh, it is the high time for your purchasing in our clothes shop. We are now having a pre-season sale on all our winter apparel.女店员:现在正是您在本店购物的好时间,我们的冬季衣服正在做换季前打折。
Really? What's that?汤姆:真的么?
Everything for winter is 20% off.女店员:是的,所有的冬季服装打八折。
I think my wife may favor the sweater in the shopwindow. And would you like to aid me to look for any skirts going with this sweater?汤姆:我想我妻子一定会喜欢陈列窗摆设的那件毛衣。你能帮我选件与它相配的下装吗?
Sure. We have both skirts and trousers that would go well with the sweater. Look to this section.女店员:当然。我们有裙子和长裤都可以配那件毛衣。看看这边。
I especially like this flowery skirt. My wife must be very elegant in them.汤姆:我特别喜欢这件花裙。我妻子穿上这套衣服一定显得很端庄。
You have a good taste. It is very much in style this year.女店员:您好眼力。这是今年很流行的样式。
But I don't think the green one fits her complexion. Do you have any of those skirts in light color or tan?汤姆:但我认为这种绿色的衣服不适合她的肤色。你们有没有浅色或棕褐色的?
Look on the rack to your right.女店员:看看你右边的架子。
Oh yes. I'll take this one. Can I pay with a traveler's check?汤姆:有,我就买这件了。我能用旅行支票付款吗?
It's OK.女店员:可以。
This is the Royal Hotel operator, can I help you?接线员:我是皇家饭店的接线员,能为您效劳吗?
Hello. I would like to make a collect call, please.汤姆:你好。我想打一个对方付费的电话。
What is your name, and where are you now, please?接线员:请问您的姓名及地点?
This is Tom, Zhang in China.汤姆;我叫汤姆. 张,在中国。
What's the extension number?接线员:您要打的分机号是多少?
The number is 245.汤姆:分机号是245。
May I speak to Mr. Janson, please?接线员:我能和詹森先生通话吗?
Can I help you, sir?职员:我能为您效劳吗,先生?
Oh, yes. This is a traveler's check of four thousand. I'd like to cash this check, please.汤姆:是的。这是一张四千元的旅行支票。我想把它换成现金。
Do you have an account with us, sir?职员:您和我们有帐务往来吗?
No, I don't. Is that going to be a problem?汤姆:没有。这会有什么问题吗?
Never mind. The check that you have is drawn off of this bank. May I see your driver's license, please?职员:没关系。您这张支票是从我们银行开出的。我可以看一下您的驾驶证吗?
I don't have a driver's license. Will a passport be all right?汤姆:我没有驾驶证。护照行吗?
That's fine. How would you like this cash back?职员:可以。您要换成什么样的现金?
I want twenty hundred-dollar bills and the rest in fifties, twenties and tens, please.汤姆:我想要20张一百元的钞票,其余的换成五十元,二十元和十元的。
Four thousand. Please check it, sir. Thank you and have a good day.职员:四千元。请点一下。谢谢光临。祝您旅行愉快。
Excuse me. Could you please break this five into some coins for me? I want to make a call.汤姆:对不起,打扰一下。您能帮我把这张五元钱换成零钱吗?我想要打个电话。
Sure. What would you like?路人:可以。您想要怎么换?
How about two dollars in quarters and the rest in dimes and nickels?汤姆:二十五美分的换两元,其余的换成十美分和五美分的。
Let me seeGood, I happen to have enough. There you go.路人:让我看看,也许…还行,我正巧有这些硬币。给你。
It's so kind of you.汤姆:非常感谢。
Not at all.路人:不客气。
Good afternoon. May I help you?职员:下午好,您需要帮忙吗?
Yes. Could you change some RMB into American dollars for me?李先生:是的。你能帮我把人民币兑换成美元吗?
Certainly, sir. How much would you like to change?职员:当然可以。您要换多少?
Ten thousand yuan, please. By the way, what is the exchange rate for American currency today?李先生:一万元。顺便问一下,今天美元的兑换率是多少?
According to the present rate, one US. Dollar in cash is equivalent to 8.6 Chinese yuan.职员:根据目前的牌价,1美元相当于8.6元人民币。
OK, here are the ten thousand yuan.李先生:好的。这是一万元人民币。
Would you please show me your passport?职员:请出示您的护照。
Here you are.李先生:给您。
Thank you. You'll have it right away. Will you please sign your name on this exchange memo? Here is your money. Please check it. Keep this exchange memo. You will need it to convert any money you have left when you leave America.职员:谢谢,马上就还您。请您在兑换单上签名。这是您的钱,请点一下。把兑换单收好。在您离开美国时,需要兑换余下的外汇兑换券时也许有用。
Thank you. What exactly should I do with the Foreign Exchange Certificates left with me?李先生:谢谢。如果外汇兑换券用不完该怎么办?
You have to go to money exchange counter in the bank, airport or railway station.职员:请到银行、机场或火车站的兑换处去兑换。
Thank you.李先生:谢谢。
You are welcome.职员:不客气。
Excuse me, could you help me?汤姆:对不起,能不能帮我一个忙?
Yes. What seems to be the problem?失物管理员:好的。有什么问题吗?
Well, I was wondering if anyone has turned in a passport.汤姆:我想知道是否有人交来一本护照。
I'm afraid not. Have you lost your passport?管理员:恐怕没有。你遗失了护照?
I think so. I can't find it anywhere in my hotel room, and I remember the last place I used it yesterday was in this department store.汤姆:我想是的。我在饭店的房间里都找不到。我记得昨天最后用护照的地方是在这百货公司。
where exactly did you use your passport in the store?管理员:你在百货公司什么确切的地方用过护照呢?
In the suit-dress department. I had to show it to pay for these dresses with my traveler's checks.汤姆:在女装销售部。我用信用卡买衣服的时候必须给他们看护照。
Well, let me call the suit-dress department to see if they've found a passport.管理员:这样的话,我打电话给该部门,看看他们有没有捡到护照。
Sorry-your passport's not been turned in there, either.管理员:对不起---你的护照也没被交到那边。
Then what shall I do?汤姆:那我该怎么办呢?
You can fill in this lost property report, and I'll keep my eye out for it. Those kinds of things usually turn up eventually, but I suggest you contact your embassy and tell them about your situation, so they can issue you a new passport in case it doesn't show up.管理员:你来填这张遗失报告表,我会替你留意的。像这样的东西,最后总是会出现的。但我建议你跟你们的大使馆联系并把你的情形告诉他们。万一你的护照找不到的话,他们会给你补发新护照的。
You're right. Do you have a pen?汤姆:你说得对。你有没有笔?
Here you are.管理员:请用。
Oh, I seem to lose something every time I travel.汤姆:唉!我好象每次旅行都会丢些东西。
I'm quite satisfied with these flowery skirt and sweater, but I'm not sure if my wife likes them. I guess if she hates them, I can return, right?汤姆:我对这些花裙子和毛衣非常满意,但是我不确定是否我的妻子也会喜欢。我想如果她不满意我可以退货,是吗?
Yes, you can. The registers are over there. And if you would like, these can be gift wrapped for free.店员(甲):当然可以。结帐台在那边。而且如果您需要的话,我们可以为您包成礼物。
Really! I need it. Where can I get it?汤姆:真的!我需要。我该去哪儿打包装?
Just take them to the customer service department.店员(甲):去客户服务部就可以了。
I see. Thanks a lot…Oh, firstly I should pay for the sweater and skirt.汤姆:我明白了。非常感谢。首先我该去结帐。
would you please ring these up for me here?汤姆:我可以在这里结帐吗?
I would be happy to. Did you find your favorites?店员(乙):我很愿意帮您结帐。找到您喜欢的东西了吗?
Yes, I did. Thank you.汤姆:是的,谢谢。
The total is US$236.How would you like to pay?店员(乙):总金额为236美元。您用什么付帐?
Cash,please.汤姆:用现金。
Please keep the receipt well. If you happen to need to exchange or refund,it is required.店员(乙):请保存好收据。如果你碰巧需要换货或退货,它就用得着了。
I'm ready for a new hairdo. Do you have any suggestions?琳达:我准备换个新发型,你有什么建议吗?
Have you taken a look at any of the new styles lately?理发师:你最近有没有看到什么新的发型?
Yes, I brought a magazine to show you. I like this one.琳达:有,我带了一本杂志给你看。我喜欢这个发型。
Oh, that is pretty. Do you want to keep your hair this long? Or do you want to take it shorter? I think you would look cute with short hair. Perhaps you should go even shorter than in the picture.理发师:哦,它很漂亮。你的头发要继续留这么长吗?还是要剪短一点?我认为你剪短发一定很好看。或许你该剪得比杂志上更短些才好。
I'll leave it up to you. Like I said, I'm ready for a change.琳达:你来决定吧。我说过的,我已准备好要改变一下自己。
OK. You should really think about getting highlights put in, too.理发师:好。你还应该认真考虑把头发外层颜色染淡一点。
Do you think that would look good? I'm worried it will make my hair look unnatural.琳达:你认为那样会好看吗?我担心那会使我的头发看起来不自然。
No, it won't. The highlights are very subtle. We can do a little bit this time. If you like it, we can do more next time. Otherwise, the highlights should grow out in about four weeks.理发师:不会。只是稍微染一下。这次我们可以稍微染一点。如果你喜欢的话,下一次可以染多一点。要不然,染过的颜色四个星期就会淡下去了。
OK, just do what you want. I count on you. By the way, how much do you charge for a shampoo and set?琳达:好的,我听你的。顺便问一下,洗头、做头发要多少钱?
Forty dollars in total.理发师:一共40元。
Good afternoon, sir. Please sit here.理发师:下午好,先生。请您坐这儿。
A haircut and a shave, please.客人:请给我理发和修面。
How would you like your hair cut, sir?理发师:先生,您喜欢什么发式?
Short on both sides. Not so much off at the back.客人:两边剪短些,后面少剪点儿。
Very well, sir. Do you want me to trim your beard?理发师:好的,先生。要不要修一下胡子?
Yes, please.客人:要的。
Now have a look, please. Is it all right?理发师:现在请您看看理得怎么样?
Well, I would like my hair cut shorter on the temples.客人:两边的鬓角请再剪短一点儿。
Is that satisfactory?理发师:可以了吗?
Yes, thanks.客人:好了,谢谢。
Do you want conditioner?理发师:您搽护发剂吗?
No, thanks, but I'd like a face massage.客人:谢谢,不必了。但你可以给我按摩一下脸部。
Yes, sir.理发师:是,先生。
Now where should I pay the money?客人:现在我该到哪儿付款呢?
You should go to the counter, just over there.理发师:到结帐台,就在那边。
Good morning, madam.美容师:上午好,太太。
Good morning. I would like a shampoo and set.客人:上午好。我想洗头、做头发。
Yes, madam. What style do you want?美容师:是,太太。做什么式样?
I'd like to try a new hair-style. Could you show me some pictures of hair styles?客人:我想换个新发型。你能不能给我看些发型式样的照片?
Sure. We have various models: hair bobbed, hair sweptback, chaplet hair style, shoulder-length hair style, hair done in a bun. Please have a look at them, madam.美容师:可以。我们有各种各样的发型,如剪短发、后掠式、盘花冠式、齐肩式,还有把头发挽成发髻。太太,您请看。
Thanks. Please give me the style in this picture here but make the wave longer. I would like hair spray, please.客人:谢谢。请你按这张照片上的发型烫,波浪烫长些。请喷些发胶。
Yes, madam.美容师:好的,太太。
Oh, your hair dryer is too hot. Would you adjust it, please?客人:哎呦,吹风太热了,请调整一下吧。
Sorry, madam. I'll adjust it right away.美容师:对不起,太太。我马上调整。
Is that all right now?美容师:现在可以了吗?
Yes, thank.客人:可以了,谢谢。
Please have a look.美容师:请您看一看。
Beautifully done. Please trim my eyebrows and darken them.客人:做得好极了。请把眉毛修一下,再画深一点。
All right, madam. And would you like a manicure?美容师:好的,太太。您还要修一下指甲吗? Yes. Use a light nail varnish, please.客人:要的。请用浅色指甲油。 |
|