新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
查看: 1989|回复: 5

TanakaGirl's Story4

[复制链接]
发表于 25-11-2004 13:56:12|来自: | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>I believe that, everyone is selfish to a certain extent. </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=4></FONT>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4></FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=4></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>However, my boyfriend did things for himself rather than for both of us. In the month of June, something destructive happened to me… The faculty of the university of my first choice rejected me. (the reason for it being my first choice was not because that university was well known for engineering but it was my boyfriend’s only choice of university.) The other university which was better known for engineering had accepted me into that faculty. I struggled, and decided that I should pursue my interest because it would affect my whole life. Telling him what was going on in my mind I thought he would support me. But I was wrong. He went crazy about this. </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=4></FONT>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>“Do you know why I am still in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Singapore</st1:place></st1:country-region> uni? It was all because of you. You did want to go overseas for further education. I wanted to stay with you. And now, you want to go to the different uni... All my effort gone! I put my future in expense and wish that you could stay with me in the same school, yet you waste my effort! ...”</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=4></FONT>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>I was totally stunned. Yes, I did not want to go overseas because I thought local education was nothing worse that overseas’. Moreover I did not want to impose too much financial burden to my family. He had a more wellbeing family and he could afford overseas school fees and all other expenses. I had told him to go wherever he wanted before both of us sit for the final exam. I sincerely told him that I would always support his decision. Ideals were more important. Yet…he was blaming me for wasting his effort at this moment. I never forced him to stay…</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=4></FONT>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>Nuts! I had nothing better to say…… perhaps I was the one being selfish. But my selfishness did not come into intervening other people’s decisions, especially those important decisions marking a serious change in one’s life.  </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=4></FONT>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>I frowned, turned away, thought that I might break into tears. But no even a little moisture was felt. I looked at him into his eyes and said, “well, I have made my decision. I am choosing where I am going to based on the course offered, but not the school. I would be sorried if I don’t do so.” </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=4></FONT>
<P><FONT size=4></FONT></P><FONT size=4>That was June, the lovely summer of June, the goddamned June! </FONT>
[此贴子已经被作者于2004-11-25 13:56:41编辑过]
发表于 25-11-2004 21:14:09|来自: | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
someone tell me a truth: man are like sofa, when you are tired , you can have a nap on it. but most of your life you must stand by your own legs
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-11-2004 08:38:12|来自: | 显示全部楼层
i hope you can read some books from 李敏, the famous fictioneer from hong kong. listen to me, you will be never pity...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-11-2004 20:06:29|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<DIV class=quote><B>以下是引用<I>TanakaGirl</I>在2004-11-25 13:56:12的发言:</B>

<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>I believe that, everyone is selfish to a certain extent. </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=4></FONT>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>However, my boyfriend did things for himself rather than for both of us. In the month of June, something destructive happened to me… The faculty of the university of my first choice rejected me. (the reason for it being my first choice was not because that university was well known for engineering but it was my boyfriend’s only choice of university.) The other university which was better known for engineering had accepted me into that faculty. </FONT></P></DIV>
<P>Maybe you need to explain the whole story to him in details. For example, his Univ is your first your choice but it rejected you. (But I guess that he should know it before.) Then he should understand you.
<P>For persons in love, staying together too close (for example in the same faculty, same school all day) may have some negative effects (too familar with each other). As you may know, a Chinese saying goes: "distance makes beauty". One thing to prove this in the opposite side is that: those in marriage often find their party not attractive as before.
<P>
<P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-11-2004 20:36:08|来自: | 显示全部楼层
I think she will move on.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-11-2004 20:28:28|来自: | 显示全部楼层
But if story is over, forget about what I said. Just move on.:)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表