新加坡狮城论坛

123下一页
返回列表 发帖 付费广告
查看: 3614|回复: 22

The Seven Wonders Of The World

[复制链接]
mXm
发表于 22-7-2005 17:37:43|来自: | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
<DIV class=postcolor>These are some great human creations never thought possible to be constructed during their era. Some of these monuments were built by vicious leaders while some are provoked by rulers who wanted to make their point and here we have it... The 7 Wonders of The World

China- Great Wall of China
One of the greatest wonders of the world, was enlisted in the World Heritage by UNESCO in 1987. Just like a gigantic dragon, the Great Wall winds up and down across deserts, grasslands, mountains and plateaus stretching approximately 6,700 kilometers (4,163 miles ) from east to west of China.

Italy- Leaning Tower of Pisa
The Tower of Pisa is the bell tower of the Cathedral. Its construction began in the august of 1173 and continued (with two long interruptions) for about two hundred years, in full fidelity to the original project, whose architect is still uncertain

France- The Eiffel Tower
The Eiffel Tower (French: La tour Eiffel) is the most recognizable landmark in Paris and is known worldwide as a symbol of France. Named after its designer, Gustave Eiffel, it is a premier tourist destination, with over 5.5 million visitors per year.

Epygt- The Pyramids of Egypt
Serving as tombs for the Egyptian pharaohs Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure in present Egypt, these pyramids were built during Egypt's 4th dynasty

India- The Taj Mahal
For centuries, the Taj Mahal has inspired poets, painters and musicians who have tried to capture its elusive magic in words, colours and music. The Taj Mahal is indeed a flawless architectural creation

U.S.A.- The Statue of Liberty
The Statue of Liberty National Monument officially celebrated her 100th birthday on October 28, 1986. The people of France gave the Statue to the people of the United States over one hundred years ago in recognition of the friendship established during the American Revolution. Over the years, the Statue of Liberty has grown to include freedom and democracy as well as this international friendship

Greece, The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
From 1792-1750 BC, the Babylonian kingdom flourished under the rule of a famous King, Hammurabi but it was not until the reign of Naboplashar (625-605 BC) of the Neo-Babylonian dynasty that the Mesopotamian civilization reached its ultimate glory. His son, Nebuchadnezzar II (604-562 BC) is credited for building the legendary Hanging Gardens. It is said that the Gardens were built by Nebuchadnezzar to please his wife or concubine who had been "brought up in Media and had a passion for mountain surroundings". <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_13396--></DIV>
mXm
发表于 22-7-2005 17:39:16|来自: | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
I just put it here in case I need it.[em04]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

mXm
发表于 22-7-2005 17:38:51|来自: | 显示全部楼层
sofa[em01]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-7-2005 01:55:37|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<P>Epygt- The Pyramids of Egypt
Serving as tombs for the Egyptian pharaohs Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure in present Egypt, these pyramids were built during Egypt's 4th dynasty</P><P><b>dream travel place</b>[em01]</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-7-2005 00:56:00|来自: | 显示全部楼层
cool, good passage to read and memorize
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-7-2005 08:00:49|来自: | 显示全部楼层
yea, I wonder by what age i'll be able to travel there and dig some corpse out
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

mXm
发表于 23-7-2005 11:49:33|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<P><b>Greece, The Hanging Gardens of Babylon</b></P><P>so it's no longer exist?</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-7-2005 13:49:03|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<P><b>The Hanging Gardens of Babylon...</b>sounds very cruel.</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆