[学前] 新口号来了: Purposeful Play!

[复制链接]
发表于 21-2-2013 14:24:44|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
一头雾水阿,不过儿子明年上小一,会有影响吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-2-2013 14:41:05|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
我觉得挺好的啊。我就不打算教我儿子什么,让他多玩,孩子都是在玩中学东西的。像有的幼儿园那么早就一沓一沓的worksheet,K1K2的孩子作业那么多,对孩子有什么好处呢。

关键是,幼儿园的教育方针得跟小学的衔接,要不然孩子进了小学就不能适应。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-2-2013 14:57:56|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
celeste 发表于 21-2-2013 14:41
我觉得挺好的啊。我就不打算教我儿子什么,让他多玩,孩子都是在玩中学东西的。像有的幼儿园那么早就一沓一 ...

说的对啊。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-2-2013 20:18:34|来自:新加坡 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
对。现在幼儿园都提早教了小一的内容。其实,根本没有必要。还不如培养性格和对阅读的兴趣呢。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-2-2013 21:38:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
身边的几个孩子,读不同的托儿所,其中私立的华校学的文化知道最多,因为要家长看到他们的孩子“懂”很多字了。。。
MY FIRST SCHOOL我认为不错,至于那些1000多元一个月的,未有机会了解。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-2-2013 23:08:10|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
两则新闻:

(1)

幼稚园课程新框架 明确六教学目标
(2013-02-21)

孩子上小学前应该能写自己的名字,能从一数到十,也应该懂得辨别是非,并对周围事物有好奇心。

教育部昨天宣布最新的幼稚园课程框架,在现有的学前教育指导原则上,进一步说明幼稚园课程的明确目标,阐述幼儿在上小一之前所须掌握的各项技能。

改良后的框架也着重全人教育的发展,强调让幼儿在学前时期就建立自信和掌握社交技能,培养良好学习习惯和处事态度。

教育部两年前开始检讨2003年推出的现有框架,在征询学前和小学教育工作者及专家建议后进行改良,详细列出六大学习范围个别的学习目标。

例如,在语文与识字学习范围,幼儿在上小一之前应该能通过绘画、标记、符号和书写等来传递信息、表达想法;在计算方面,学生应该能够识别不同事物在形状、大小和颜色间的关系或区别。

对于各大教学成果和原则,新课程框架也有了更详尽的解说,例如新框架明确表明玩乐学习的定义、所应包含的元素,以及教师在玩乐学习上所须扮演的角色。

近年来,有不少家长反映说不清楚孩子在上小学前需掌握哪些知识,为避免孩子输在起跑点上给他们报读各种增益课程。孩童面对的学习压力也使不少家长对生儿育女裹足不前,新课程框架为家长提供更好的指引。

律政部兼教育部高级政务部长英兰妮昨天走访荣升堂幼儿园(The Ascension Kindergarten)后接受媒体访问时说,新框架列出学前教师所应达成的目标,有助于缓解学前中心水平参差不齐的问题。

她说:“我们(改良框架)的目的是要提高业者的整体素质,不是降低。改良框架的重点是确保每名业者都能达到的基本程度,这个程度并非最底限,而是具有一定水平。”

英兰妮也呼吁家长改变“教越多越好”这一根深蒂固的想法。“教育不仅关乎数字和生词的掌握,更重要的是孩子学习到了什么态度和技能。”

教育部将把新框架指南分发到所有幼稚园和托儿所,家长也可上教育部网站浏览家长指南。接下来,教育部将着手筹备教师指南及教材等,预计全套资源明年出炉。

至于学前母语教学的课程框架,教育部说仍在检讨中,但基本原则与幼稚园课程框架一致。

荣升堂幼儿园向来主张将玩乐学习融入课堂教学,让孩子在玩乐中不知不觉地学习。园长崔莹莹受访时对新课程框架表示支持。她说:“有了新的框架,教育工作者能够花更多时间在幼儿的全人教育上,真正享受与幼儿的相处,无需时刻担心教学内容不足。”

幼儿上小学前应能:

辨别是非

愿意分享及与他人轮流参与活动

体谅他人

有好奇心并愿意探索

理解所听到的信息和自己所说的话

对自己感到自在和开心

有一定肢体协调能力、有健康的习惯、参与并享受广泛的艺术体验

爱家人、朋友、教师及学校
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-2-2013 23:15:03|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
辨别是非
体谅他人
理解所听到的信息和自己所说的话
有健康的习惯

都太难了。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-2-2013 23:28:09|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 jjrchome 于 22-2-2013 23:36 编辑

新闻(2)

P5 vocabulary list shocks parents
          Maureen Koh, Jennifer Dhanaraj, Benson Ang, Benita Aw Yeong |       The New Paper |    Tue Jan 15 2013

SINGAPORE - Diurnal.Anemometer.Navvy. Osseous. Philately.

These are some of the words in Creative Vocabulary 6, a book which is on a 2013 list of reading materials given to pupils from a primary school in the west.
It is a well-known, but not elite, school.
A parent, whose daughter is in the school, compiled a list of 24 words and posted it on her Facebook page.

Her tongue-in-cheek caption: "I do believe the school is prepping my 10-year-old for her SATs already".

The SATs is a standardised test for college admissions in the US.

The post has got some parents and netizens riled up, as questions arise about the standards - and stress levels - of education here.

Mr Ronnie Goh, 44, an engineer, tells The New Paper on Sunday: "My son, who is now in Secondary Three (Dunman High School), cannot even recognise half the words on the list."

As a test, we asked Madam Selina Foo, 40, a senior business manager, to ask her kids - a daughter in Primary 5 and a son in Primary 6 - in the Gifted Education Programme if they knew the words. They got 10 and11 correct, respectively.

The list worries Madam Foo.

She says: "Does this mean my kids have been short-changed?"

She is worried that her kids need to do more now to keep up with their peers.

At the heart of this is a perennial worry about the standards and stresses of education here, with many saying that the pressure on children is simply too much.

Late last year, the Education Ministry took the unprecedented step of not naming the top students of the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE).

Education Minister Heng Swee Keat said the move was aimed at recognising other aspects of excellence and celebrating the efforts of students who persevere and reach their full potential.

It is also important that children are allowed to develop at their own pace, and holistically,he pointed out.

But parents are still spending money on tuition - some as much as $11,000on a single subject, says Mrs Celina Ho, 36, a housewife.

She has a Primary 2 child who takes tuition at a top tuition centre.
She says she knows of parents who spend upwards of five-figures on tuition alone.

"There is so much competition and fear. Lists like this make us more paranoid that there are others who will top our kids," she says.

Housewife Bernice Koh, 38, says such lists makes her question how much her child has to go through.

She says she cannot do the mathematics and science questions that her Primary 6 daughter has to do.

"Sometimes, she asks me for help with her maths homework and I'm just stumped. I take about 45 minutes to complete one sum. I wonder how they are able to do it in 10 minutes."

She adds: "This is why I'm forced to let her go for tuition. There is only so much that I can help her with."

Mrs Ng Lee-Anne, 39, a human resource director, is more concerned about the stress that such lists may place on pupils like her twin boys, who are in Primary 5.
ike most of the parents, professionals and expats polled, she felt that the words were "ridiculous" for those in primary school.

The primary school in question did not reply to The New Paper on Sunday's queries on the book.

But teachers we approached said schools use vocabulary lists for varying purposes, like composition, spelling or editing skills, says a primary school teacher, who wanted to known only as Mr Yeo.

Some stick to the words covered under the Strategies for English Language Learning and Reading programme in primary schools, which is developed by the Ministry of Education.

Mr Yeo adds: "Other schools might find these words too simple and plan their lists based on words they hope pupils will be able to use."

Some teachers say that while the vocabulary list is difficult for young students, it actually helps them prepare for the PSLE examinations and even secondary school.

A primary school teacher, who wanted to be known only as Miss Lim, says: "Yes, the list is challenging, but it may help them in the long run.

"It doesn't hurt to have more words in your vocabulary bank. Sometimes, comprehension exercises in secondary schools have difficult words and having exposure to such words may come in handy.

"The schools just wants their students to have an edge in the examination." Gifted pupils may also benefit from being stretched, say other teachers.

"Perhaps the class being exposed to these words is a high-ability one, and the teacher hopes to stretch the potential of the pupils," says Mr Patrick, a tutor from Genius EduCentre, a tuition centre in Hougang.

"But asking students of average ability to learn such words is likely to backfire."

Madam Foo's daughter, Alicia Lee, who turns 11 this year, admits she was stumped by the words when her mother showed her the list.

The girl, who has been getting distinction in English since Primary 1, says: "I felt so stupid and thought, die! How can I not know these words if others in the same level (Primary 5) do?

"But honestly speaking, if our teacher made us learn these words, I'd still do it. But it will likely be rote-learning and I don't think it'll help improve my vocabulary bank."

The Quiz
Celine Chen quizzes 30 expatriates and professionals at Raffles Place on the 24 words given to Primary 5 pupils

Score: 24/24
Mr Ian Gordon, 60, retired civil servant
Unlike the others, the Englishman didn't break a sweat.
But when he found out that primary school kids were being taught these words, he knitted his eyebrows in disbelief.
"They are supposed to know that?" he says, before explaining "anemometer".
Mr Gordon says of the list of words: "Goodness me, they are demanding words. I can see why Singapore schools do very well."

Score: 21/24
Mr Choo Fu Wah, 51, crewing manager
He seemed confident at first. But as his eyes
scanned the list, the lines on his forehead got deeper and deeper.
Although he was unfamiliar with only three of the 24 words, he says: "It's too hard for a 10-year-old to learn all these words.
"Singaporean kids nowadays are already so stressed out with studies and homework, and you expect them to learn these words?
"This would be more suitable for a student in Secondary 2."

Score: 12/24
            Mr Kunal Asnasthy, 40, businessman
His shock was apparent from the start, with a pithy... epithet.. escaping his lips.
He knew just 12 words.
"It's amazing that they are learning this in school," says Mr Asnasthy, who is a father of two girls who are in Grades 4 and 8 at the Global Indian International School.
"If students are being asked to memorise such words, I'd be worried," he says.

Score: 2/24
Mr Pasquale Molluso, 36, trader
He started out as one of the most enthusiastic participants.
And the exchange went like this: "Anemometer. I haven't got a clue."
"Diurnal. Sounds like a fragrance?"
"Navvy. As in, 'whatever'? 'Maybe'?"
As we went down the list, the Australian broke out into an abashed grin when he couldn't figure out what many of the words meant.
After five words, he says: "Are these real words or are you just making them up?"

Keep it simple, Stupid!

“Pursuant to section...”

That phrase, uttered with such a straight face by Returning Officer Yam Ah Mee while announcing the results of the last General Election could be the only reason why Iam familiar with the term “pursuant”.

Even then, this journalist of more than 20 years was forced to pull out my dictionary when I was confronted with those words in a book recommended for Primary Five pupils in a primary school here.

If someone like me, who needs to think, live and breathe words, has to reach for a guide, how much more would a child be baffled?

How does one encourage a child to learn – and for that matter, love – a language if they have to learn such confounding words by rote?

Crazy. Insane. Ridiculous.

These are the general reactions that I got from my friendswhenI sent the list of 24 words to them.

“Who uses such words anyway?” they wanted to know.

Indeed. (Okay, except for Mr Yam.)

But I’m also grateful thatmyson,who is now in Secondary 2, has never come home with such odd lists.

That said, there have been several occasions when his exasperated teacher called to complain to hismum(whoin turn got annoyed at the teacher) that “the child was using wordsthat were too unrealistic and/or bombastic”.

What’s wrong with using “murderous” to describe anger? Or, “empathised” to describe how he felt for someone’s bad situation?

I didn’t think there was anything wrong with that, but I was tired of comments like “unrealistic words” scribbled in the margins of my son’s essays.

So I had to remind him: Write in simple English.

For someone who has a voracious appetite for books – especially books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, William Shakespeare and Stephen King – my son didn’t get what the unhappiness was.

That made him unhappy.

I had to resort to a warning: “Well son, our editors (at this newspaper) constantly remind us to ‘keep it simple, Stupid’...and they, like your mother,know best.”

Here’s another point, a key one, in my opinion – ask any English expert – it is often hardest to write in simple English.

By the way, in case you are wondering – and I am unashamed to admit it – I know only 13 of the 24 words on the list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

小五的听写表,共24个单词,连记者都只认得其中13个; 所采访的一名老外只认识其中两个; 很多人认为这些单词已经达到了SAT的水平。而新的幼稚园课程框架要求孩子在上小学前会写自己的名字就可以了。

这个反差也太大了吧!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-2-2013 23:34:19|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
唉,麻木了
随便吧~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-2-2013 23:43:07|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
davidbin 发表于 20-2-2013 17:24
'purposeful play'  = combines teaching with pleasure ?
寓教于乐

联合早报的翻译神啊!  叫“玩乐学习”。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表